The Embassy of Japan in the Philippines is calling all anime fanatics and true-blue cosplayers to get their costumes ready, dress up like their favorite anime character and join the Cosplay Mini Contest in celebration of the 2012 Philippines-Japan Friendship Month.
It’s that time again! Now on its fourth year, the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines is inviting all Japanophiles and music enthusiasts to showcase their singing prowess and join this year’s J-Pop Anime Singing Contest in celebration of the 2012 Philippines-Japan Friendship Month.
- Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay is open to all event attendees.
- Cosplay Challenge 3 will be an OPEN CATEGORY event where participants could cosplay any character that they want from any genre whether it’s from an anime, manga, games, comics, movies, western animation, etc. Pls. keep in mind that Original Characters are not qualified.
- The INDIVIDUAL COSPLAY will be held on June 23, 2012.
- Cosplay Challenge 3 shall be accepting a maximum of 150 participants.
- The individual cosplay registration will be have an online pre-registration and an on-site/at-con registration only which will be on June 23, 2012.
- Pre-registrants are required to confirm their pre-registration during the on-site registration period. Pre-registering does not guarantee a slot in the official cosplay list, but deloads you of the burden on writing at the event. For pre-registration, click here: http://goo.gl/q1YnZ
- Pre-registrants who fail to confirm their registration from 10am-1pm (tentative) on June 23, 2012, the next available slot(s) will be given to the on-site registrants.
- Cosplayers under eighteen (18) years of age as of cosplay event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form which will be distributed at the event.
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fanservice (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantly clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but are not encouraged. The Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay cosplay team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow cosplayers, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- The Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay cosplay team, Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a cosplayer in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay cosplay judges’ decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
- Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay organizers reserve the right to disqualify any cosplayer who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation to the cosplay event constitutes that the cosplayer gives the right and the authority to Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered cosplayers, cosplay groups and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay organizers and its staff and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the cosplay event.
Picture Reference Submission
- All cosplay registrants has the option to submit a printed colored full-body picture of the character that they will be cosplaying.
- Accuracy points will be deducted to the cosplay registrants who failed to submit a picture reference.
- All pictures must not go below 3×4 inches (wallet size) and must not go beyond 8.5×11 inches (short bond paper size).
Craftsmanship = 40%
Accuracy = 30%
Stage Performance = 25%
Audience Impact = 5%
- 1st Place = Php5000 worth of Cash and Gift Certificates
- 2nd Place = Php3000 worth of Cash and Gift Certificates
- 3rd Place = Php2000 worth of Cash and Gift Certificates
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Cosplay Challenge 3 Cosplay Guidelines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines ®.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.
June 23, 2012
10am to 7pm
To join the Cosplay Competition, The rules can be found here.