Hero Fest happens on August 12, 2017. Click on “read more” for costume competition rules, mechanics and registration.
HERO FEST COSTUME COMPETITION
The HERO FEST Costume Competition is a free cosplay competition happening on August 12, 2017 at The Square at Lancaster New City.
Registration to the competition can be done either:
- On-site Registration at The Square from August 1 to 12, 2017; or
- Online Registration via cosplay.ph
Any characters from comic book, Japanese anime, movies, etc. are allowed to participate in the competition. Original characters are also not allowed to join the contest, but Cosplay Mash-up of characters are allowed (ie. Goku/Batman or Steampunk Sailormoon) and gender-bend costumes (ie. Male Elsa orFemale Mario) are allowed and encouraged.
There is no age limit to the competition. Contestants under eighteen (18) years of age as of event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form to be provided at the registration table.
On-site Registration will end at 4:00PM and the cosplayers must be in full costume and assemble for Cosplay Parade.
- Fanservice is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Extreme kind of fan service (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that the contest is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. The organizing team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow contestants, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- The organizing team, organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a cosplayer in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- The event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation in this contest constitutes that the contestant gives the right and the authority to the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take
pictures and/or videos of registered contestants, teams and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- The event organizers and its agencies, their respective staff and judges as well as their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the competition. This includes parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, uncles or aunts, first cousins, nephews or niece and brother or sister.
- Costumes that were partially or wholly fabricated by any of the judges are disqualified from participating in the competition. Costumes owned by any of the judges are likewise disqualified.
The contestants will be judged according to the ff criteria:
- Costume Quality (50%)
- Performance (40%)
- Audience Impact (10%)
- Best Male Cosplayer – Php 5,000
- Best Female Cosplayer – Php 5,000
- Best Child Cosplayer – Php 3,000
- Lancaster New City’s Superhero Award – special prize for Lancaster New City residents – Php 3,000
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Hero Fest Costume Contest rules and guiedlines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines®. The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.