Lip Sync Kombat is a fun competition where a pair of competitiors in costume will try to outdo each other’s performances while lip syncing to their favorite tunes. The competition is aimed to be more for entertainment and the winner will be decided entirely by the audience through the use of a sound meter to detect the noise level of the crowd when prompted to cheer for their favorite performance.
Contest registration is only available online. The following information must be submitted through the form below:
- The name of both contestants;
- The character and series that both contestants will be cosplaying as;
- The name and age of both contestants;
- The 4 songs chosen by both contestants;
- The contestant’s or leader’s working contact details (mobile phone AND email);
The information above must be truthful; falsifying any of the information will result in instant disqualification and the applicant will not be allowed to join the succeeding year’s competition as an additional penalty. All registration information will be kept in the strictest of confidence and other competitors will not be informed whether a particular competitor has entered the contest or not.
LIP SYNC KOMBAT FINALIST SELECTION
From all the entries submitted online, only a maximum of 6 pairs will be allowed to join the competition which will be held on Day 2 (July 30, 2017) of Anime and Cosplay eXpo (ACX).
Finalists will then be contacted via e-mail, but will need to confirm their entry during the event day itself.
There will also be a waiting list in case any of the performers do not confirm on the day itself. On-site registration will require the same information as online registration.
- Lip Sync Kombat is open to pre-registered event attendees.
- Contestants are pre-preregistered and must compete in a quality costume that they must wear during the performance.
- Contestants must provide a total of two (2) song selections that they will Lip Sync to. The contestant may provide the track itself in mp3 format or provide the song title and allow the event organizers to edit it accordingly. Each song track must be a minimum of one minute (1:00) and a maximum of one minute and thirty seconds (1:30).
- All music must be family oriented and must not contain foul language.
- All costumes and performances must be wholesome.
- Contestants will choose amongst the following slots:
a) 1:00 PM on July 29, 2017 (4 slots available for 2 matches)
b) 5:00 PM on July 29, 2017 (4 slots available for 2 matches)
c) 1:00 PM on July 30, 2017 (4 slots available for 2 matches)
d) 4:30 PM on July 30, 2017 (4 slots available for 2 matches)
- Contestants must report to the side of the main event stage at least fifteen (15) minutes before their slot in full costume and be ready to perform.
- The competition segment will be as follows:
a) Contestant Introductions by Host;
b) Contestant A Trash Talk segment (must be in character and a maximum of 30 seconds);
c) Contestant B Trash Talk segment (must be in character and a maximum of 30 seconds);
d) Contestant A 1st Song Selection;
e) Contestant B 1st Song Selection;
f) Short Intermission and Host comments on performances;
g) Contestant A 2nd Song Selection;
h) Contestant B 2nd Song Selection;
i) Audience voting;
j) Awarding of prizes (one winner and one consolation prize);
- Audience votes will be taken in as the only deciding factor for choosing a winner.
ATTENDANCE AND CALL TIMES
The Contestants must confirm their attendance on or before 2:00 PM on July 30, 2017. They must be in full costume and ready to perform by 3:00 PM. All contestants will be required to purchase tickets to the event in order to participate, but there will be no additional registration fees to join the contest.
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fanservice (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that Cosplay’s Got Talent is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantily clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but not encouraged. The event organizing team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow contestants, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- The Cosplay’s Got Talent organizing team, event organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a contestant in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Contestants under eighteen (18) years of age as of the event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form to be provided at the registration table.
- Event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation in this contest constitutes that the contestant gives the right and the authority to the event organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered contestants, teams and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- Event organizers and its staff and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the competition. This includes parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, uncles or aunts, first cousins, nephews or niece and brother or sister.
LIP SYNC KOMBAT GUIDELINES
- The competition is restricted to a maximum of six (6) pairs of contestants.
- Contestants must lip sync their selected tracks and compete against each other duel style;
- Each contestant will be given two (2) songs each that they will match up against each other;
- In the first round, contestants must perform solo acts only;
- In the second round, contestants can go all out, inviting friends in costume to join in on the performance;
- Contestants are encouraged to do performances that inspire the imagination with cross-series encouraged (ie. Superman versus Goku, Naruto versus Luffy, Eren versus Tracer, etc.);
Judging will be completely through audience impact. At the end of their performances, the audience will be asked to cheer for their favorites and a noise level sensor will determine the winner.
Winners will be determined on-the-spot and both will be given sponsor prizes.
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Lip Sync Kombat Rules and Guidelines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines®.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.