Cosplay’s Got Talent is a talent competition where the best performers will be featured in Cosplay Mania 2017! To keep with the theme of Cosplay Mania, all performers must be in cosplay costumes during their performance and their performance must have an aspect of anime, j-pop or j-rock music.
Contest registration is only available online. The following information must be submitted through the form below:
- The contestant’s stage name or the group’s name;
- The name and age of each contestant (1 to 6 members maximum);
- The type of performance (ie. Dance Performance, Singing Performance, Musical Instrument, etc.);
- The contestant’s or group leader’s working contact details (mobile phone AND email);
The information above must be truthful; falsifying any of the information will result in instant disqualification and the applicant will not be allowed to join the succeeding year’s competition as an additional penalty. All registration information will be kept in the strictest of confidence and other competitors will not be informed whether a particular competitor has entered the contest or not.
COSPLAY’S GOT TALENT FINALIST SELECTION
From all the entries submitted online, only a maximum of 20 performers will be allowed to join the competition which will be held on Day 2 (July 30, 2017) of Anime and Cosplay eXpo (ACX).
Finalists will then be contacted via e-mail, but will need to confirm their entry during the event day itself.
There will also be a waiting list in case any of the performers do not confirm on the day itself. On-site registration will require the same information as online registration.
ATTENDANCE AND CALL TIMES
The Contestants must confirm their attendance on or before 2:00 PM on July 30, 2017. They must be in full costume and ready to perform by 3:00 PM. All contestants will be required to purchase tickets to the event in order to participate, but there will be no additional registration fees to join the contest.
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fanservice (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that Cosplay’s Got Talent is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantily clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but not encouraged. The event organizing team has the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow contestants, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- The Cosplay’s Got Talent organizing team, event organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a contestant in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Contestants under eighteen (18) years of age as of the event date must have their parent/s and/or legal guardian/s sign the waiver/image release form to be provided at the registration table.
- Event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- Registration and participation in this contest constitutes that the contestant gives the right and the authority to the event organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered contestants, teams and its members and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- Event organizers and its staff and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from participating in the competition. This includes parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, uncles or aunts, first cousins, nephews or niece and brother or sister.
COSPLAY’S GOT TALENT GUIDELINES
- The competition is restricted to a maximum of twenty (20) contestants. If the twenty (20) slots have not yet been taken by the day of the competition, we will be accepting on-site registration for the remaining slots.
- The performers may contain from one (1) to six (6) members maximum. They must also have a performance (dance, singing, choreographed fights, etc.) and not simply do a simple catwalk.
- Contestants must be in costume, although the costume does not necessarily have to be from any specific series. The costume could even be an original costume, but bonus points could be provided for particularly creative costumes.
- When the contestant first approaches the stage, they must do a short interview with the judges to introduce themselves.
- They will then be given a maximum of two (2) minutes to perform for the judges with their given talent.
- At the end of the performance, one (1) judge at random provides any insights that the judges may have regarding their performance.
- The Runner-Up will be featured during Day 1 of Cosplay Mania 2017 (with Gold tickets provided for both days) while the Champion will be featured on Day 2 of Cosplay Mania 2017 (with Gold tickets provided for both days).
A panel of judges will judge the contest with the following criteria in mind:
- Performance Quality (60%): Overall quality of the performance including choreography for dancers, vocal quality for singers, etc.
- Costume Quality and Relevance (20%): The creativity of the costume being worn as well as how it complements the performance of the song.
- Entertainment Value (20%): The level of entertainment the performance provides as well as its effect on the crowd.
In addition to the judging scores, penalties will be imposed on the following rule infractions:
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct (10% Infraction): For actions that are demeaning to the other contestants or that incite conflict in the competition, a 10% score deduction will be applied. If this unsportsmanlike conduct continues, it may result in disqualification and ejection from the venue grounds.
Cosplay’s Got Talent judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
At the end of the event, the scores will be tabulated and the highest scores based on the judges will be determined. The awards will be as follows:
- Cosplay’s Got Talent Runner-Up: Cosplay Mania 2017 Day 1 Featured Performer and two (2) Gold Tickets per member;
- Cosplay’s Got Talent Champion: Cosplay Mania 2017 Day 2 Featured Performer and two (2) Gold Tickets per member.
All winners must be present for the awarding ceremony and must be in full costume. If the winner is not present during the awarding ceremony, the next highest scoring competitor will be awarded the prize instead. If there is a compelling reason for the contestant not to be present during the awarding ceremony, they will be required to inform an organizer beforehand and provide a proxy for themselves during the awarding ceremony.
Rules are subject to change and revisions without prior notice.
The Cosplay’s Got Talent Rules and Guidelines is the sole property of Cosplay.ph® and Cosplay Philippines®.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.