Vote for your favorite Cosplay Costumes of 2012! Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to read the rules and understand them fully before sending a photo for nominations.
You can find the CCY 2012 Mechanics after the cut.
Welcome to the annual Cosplay Costume of the Year Awards for the Philippines organized by Cosplay.ph.
- The costume must have debuted in an event within the year 2012 in the Philippines.
- The costume must be a complete costume that was partial or wholly fabricated/commissioned, and not purchased outright as a whole set from a department store or specialty store.
- The costume must have entered the costume in a cosplay contest hosted by a convention (it doesn’t matter if it was only in an individual contest, group contest, Cosplay Checkmate, etc.). You must indicate the contest you have joined.
- Winning a contest is not grounds for qualification.
Remember, we are nominating the COSTUME and not the COSPLAYER. As such Cosplayers are allowed to nominate several costumes if they have made more than one during the year 2012.
There are five (5) categories for CCY 2012. They are as follows:
1) Best Male Costume of 2012
2) Best Female Costume of 2012
3) Best Child Costume of 2012 (Age 12 or below)
4) Best Creature (Robot, Mecha, or Monster) Costume of 2012
5) Best Crossplay Costume of 2012
RULES FOR NOMINATION
1) Nominations can be made by anyone who has personally seen the costume personally. Cosplay costume owners are allowed to nominate themselves. Nominations will be restricted to costumes debuted in 2012 in the Philippines.
2) Nominations are made by e-mailing a high resolution photo (at least 1MB in size) to email@example.com.
3) The e-mail must have the subject “CCY 2012 Nomination”. In addition to the photo, the e-mail must contain the following information:
* Category they are entering in (ie. Best Male, Best Female, etc.)
* The full name of the individual who owns the costume.
* The name of the Cosplay Costume (character and series)
* Photographer (optional)
* What event the costume debuted in (also include the date of the event).
4) If the Nomination is approved, it will be uploaded to the appropriate album where people can vote almost immediately. If it is not accepted, a reply e-mail will be sent explaining why it was not approved. Fraudulent information or a misrepresentation of the entry will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
5) If, at a later date, you would want the photo swapped. Please send another e-mail with the new photo with the subject “CCY 2012 Nomination Photo Swap”. Swapped photos will lose all the votes they have already garnered.
6) On January 15, 2013, nominations will be closed and Top 20 finalists will be selected by the judges.
7) On January 17, 2013, voting will begin for the Top 20 Finalists. The following will be the judging criteria will available soon!
8) On February 15, 2013, voting will be recorded. The Top 20 will be reduced to a Top 10.
9) On February 17, 2013, voting will continue (there will be no vote reset for the Top 10) until the day before the 6th Philippine Cosplay Convention.
10) Awarding will be held at the 6th Philippine Cosplay Convention at Midtown Atrium, Robinson’s Place Manila, Philippines.
11) All qualifications listed above must be satisfied. Cosplay.ph reserves the right to disqualify any individual who does not meet the requirements or who misrepresents any of the information.
12) Judges’ decision is final.
You may find and visit the official Cosplay Costume of the Year 2012 FB page.